Frequently asked questions: Bikesharing
Our mission is to help the inhabitants of the cities in their daily mobility, through the development of sustainable interurban transport, thus improving their quality of life and facilitating, in turn, the cities, an ecological and healthy transport. We want to change urban mobility by improving life for citizens, always working under our motto: Your bicycle, everyone’s.
Our vision is to give to the customer the best and greater value added in the provision of our services, by means of our bet in the people, the innovation and the commitment, with this aim deploy fleets managed of intelligent bicycles, Smart Cycles, that help to improve the urban mobility.
Tucycle is a way to move, a lifestyle at your fingertips. A wide network of pick-up / drop-off points allows the user to enjoy any of the many bicycles that make up this quality fleet in any area of the city. It is a bike accessible to everyone and everywhere in the city, a real means of transport that adapts to the needs of today’s society and your daily travel routine.
Using our bicycles is quick and easy. Simply download the TuCycle mobile application (available for both iOS and Android), enter your basic information and payment method, then use the map feature to find nearby available bicycles parked in a Tudock. Once you get to one, scan the QR code on the plate or enter the code manually to unlock it and you’ll be ready to start. Once you complete your trip, park the bike in a TuDock station, lock it and press “Complete Trip” in the application. That is all!
Contact us at Tucycle.com to let us know where you want to go next or subscribe to receive local updates.
We are currently in the city of Gijón where, we started in June 2018 with the service of shared bicycles.
We have a professionally trained operations team that oversees maintenance-related functions. These include:
- Ensure that our bicycles are parked in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Re-park bicycles as necessary to ensure that the public right-of-way is protected.
- Redistribute bicycles at TuDock stations to meet the needs of the user.
- Cleaning and repair of the fleet.
We have 150 operational bicycles in the city of Gijón, which are regularly maintained and updated.
Unblock and block
The bicycles can unblock through the mobile application scanning the Qr code or entering the number of plate of the bicycle. If any of these methods works, verify that the function Bluetooth of his telephone was activated and reinicie the application. If the problem persists, send us a report through the application or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bicycles block turning manually the mechanism of blockade after completing a trip.
The application is available to download from App Store and Google Play Store.
In most cases, you must add or select a different payment method to resolve any payment problem. However, below are some common payment problems and their resolutions:
- If you receive one of the following messages, your transaction request may have been rejected by the bank for your selected payment method (contact your branch):
- “Failed Application: Card rejected”
- “Your payment method is invalid. Please update your billing settings”
- “There was an error processing your request”
- If you entered your credit or debit card information incorrectly, you must update your card in the “Payment” menu of the application.
- If your credit or debit card has expired, you must delete the expired card from your account and replace it with an active card.
- If there are not enough funds in your account, you must transfer funds to your account. You can also add or select a different payment method.
- Your bank can refuse transactions that exceed your credit limit. In this case, contact your bank or select a different payment method.
- If you are traveling abroad, you may need to contact your bank to authorize international transactions on your credit / debit card.
- Banks commonly use software that identifies fraud patterns and blocks potentially fraudulent transactions. It is possible that your bank has identified the ofo charge as fraudulent and rejected it. Contact your bank to authorize your transactions or select a different payment method.
- If you previously reported that your credit card was lost or stolen, your bank will reject all transactions made in that account. Contact your bank to receive a new card or report that you have recovered the original.
Help us improve your experience! Send a message to email@example.com if you have any other problem related to the payment.
All bicycles in the Tucycle network are available to users for a very small amount, € 0.50 per half-hour blocks.
In case you do not receive the receipt in 2 minutes, do not panic! Please, follow these guidelines:
- Verify that you have enabled notifications for the TuCycle application in your phone’s settings.
- After verifying that the bicycle is locked correctly, restart the application on your phone.
If that does not work, please contact us through the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates are charged for every half hour and begin to accrue once a bicycle has been unlocked. The fare timer stops once the bicycle has been parked and properly locked.
Use of the bicycle
There is no limitation on the duration of a bicycle rental; users can keep an active rental for the time they choose. However, the rate counter is activated when a user unlocks the bike and continues to operate until the trip is officially completed at a TuDock station. To avoid excessive charges, be sure to end your trip when you do not intend to resume your trip soon.
- We take your security very seriously. In case of an emergency, dial 112.
- TuCycle has a civil liability insurance to cover incidents. Contact us at email@example.com so that our team can guide you through the process.
You can report a defective bicycle using the app or by informing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our bicycles are designed to be tough, and usually receive intensive use without problems. However, as with any machine, they experience wear and tear, requiring maintenance from time to time. If your bicycle breaks and requires maintenance, you should:
- Park the bicycle in a safe place and let us know by sending a report through the app or by email to email@example.com. Our maintenance team will inspect and repair the bicycle.
Our bikes are equipped with a GPS device and can be easily located using the mobile application, always within a TuDock station.
You can end your trip at any time by blocking the bike and checking the ‘Finished route’ option in the mobile application, always within a TuDock station.
Once a trip is completed and the bicycle is parked inside a TuDock parking lot it is blocked through the application, it is available for use by any other registered user.
TuCycle works using a model of virtual parking stations, we call them TuDock. Bicycles can be located using the mobile application and parking anywhere that complies with the guidelines listed above, however, the rental, only ends once the bike stations in one of our TuDock parking lots spread throughout the city.
Account and registration
- Verify that your phone number is entered correctly and press “Get verification code” on the verification screen to send a new code to your phone.
- Your mobile operator may be blocking the sending of SMS that TuCycle uses to contact you. Contact your mobile service provider to confirm that the SMS service is enabled for your mobile account.
- If you still do not receive an SMS message that contains a verification code after following both previous steps, send an email with your phone number, email address and any additional details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, users must be at least 16 years old to use our bicycles.
TuCycle encourages all users to practice safe riding habits, including the use of a helmet and / or other safety equipment. However, the requirements vary by country, so check your local laws before hitting the road.
Notification of unauthorized activities
Inform us of any unauthorized activity that you find (external blocks, bad parking, improper use, etc.) through the mobile application or at email@example.com